The trend toward disclosing maintenance of certification (MOC) status started in August 2011 when seven medical specialty boards, including the American Board of Dermatology, the American Board of Family Medicine, and the American Board of Surgery, began making the information publicly available--at the consumer-focused website of the American Board of Medical Specialties (ABMS).
What does AMBS stand for?
AMBS stands for American Board of Medical Specialties
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of AMBS
We have 25 other meanings of AMBS in our Acronym Attic
- Aggregated Maximum Bit Rate
- Albuquerque Metropolitan Board of Realtors
- American Medical Bill Review, LLC
- Anaerobic Migrating Blanket Reactor
- Associative Memory-Based Reasoning
- Atraumatic Multidirectional Bilateral Rehabilitation Inferior (orthopedics)
- Australian Membrane and Biotechnology Research Institute
- Access Management Basic Services
- Advanced Marine Biological System
- Alfred McAlpine Business Services Ltd. (UK)
- Associated Mennonite Bible Seminary (Elkhart, IN)
- Associated Mennonite Biblical Seminaries (Elkhart, IN)
- Australian Miniature Boiler Safety Committee (Australian Association of Live Steamers)
- Accelerated Mortar Bar Test
- Ag-Mediated Blast Transformation (immunology)
- American Ballet Theatre (London, UK)
- American Broadband and Telecommunications Company (Sylvania, Ohio)
- Aubin Maxime Bureau Technique (French)
- Absolute Moment Block Truncation Coding
- Advanced Materials Business Unit
Samples in periodicals archive:
org--the consumer-focused website of the American Board of Medical Specialties (ABMS).
[ILLUSTRATION OMITTED] As always, Scott encourages people considering any kind of aesthetic procedure to consult with a board-certified plastic surgeon, as designated by the American Board of Medical Specialties.
The American Board of Medical Specialties in March announced that it has granted subspecialty status to this growing area of urogynecology.
It seems that in your six months of intensive research, you overlooked the fact that family medicine is one of the 24 specialties recognized by the American Board of Medical Specialties.
The boards that the medical community considers to be prestigious are those recognized by the American Board of Medical Specialties (ABMG).