Richard Hoover, the developer and the most visible champion of the long cane technique, made a presentation to the 1947 conference of the American Association of Workers for the Blind (AAWB) in Baltimore.
What does AAWB stand for?
AAWB stands for American Association of Workers for the Blind (est. 1905)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of AAWB
We have 2 other meanings of AAWB in our Acronym Attic
- American Association for World Health
- Ann Arbor Women Artists
- Anti-Air Warfare Area
- As And When Applicable
- Asian American Women's Alliance
- Associated Automobile Workers of America
- Association of Anti-Watchtower Activists (est. 2013)
- Asian American Women Artists Alliance (est. 1998; Brooklyn, NY)
- Asian American Women Artists Association
- Air-to-Aiir Warfare Aircraft Control Unit
- Association of Workers for the Blind
- African American Web Connection
- Airport Authority of Washoe County (Nevada)
- Alamo Area Whippet Club (Texas)
- Anti-Air Warfare Center
- Anti-Air Warfare Commander
- Anti-Air Warfare Coordinator
- American Association for Women in Community Colleges
- Army Atomic Weapons Systems Safety Committee
- American Association of Women in Community and Junior Colleges (American Association of Community and Junior Colleges)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Following this, the American Association of Workers for the Blind (AAWB) appointed a board for certification of home teachers.
Harry Best, a sociologist at the University of Kentucky, was one of the featured speakers at the 1939 annual meeting of the American Association of Workers for the Blind (A.