Arne Henden, Director of the American Association of Variable Star Observers (AAVSO).
What does AAVSO stand for?
AAVSO stands for American Association of Variable Star Observers (aka American Association of Variable Stars Observers)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
We have 1 other meaning of AAVSO in our Acronym Attic
- All Altitude Vertical Reference System
- Aerospace Audio-Visual System
- Aerospace Audiovisual Service
- American Anti-Vivisection Society
- American Association for Vascular Surgery
- ARN Asset Visibility System
- Automatic Add-Value Service (Octopus Cards Ltd.)
- Adeno-Associated Virus Integration Site 1
- American Association of Veterinary State Boards
- American Association of Volunteer Services Coordinators
- Allied Avionics Publication
- Agencias de Viajes
- Associazione Astrofili Vittorio Veneto (Italian: Vittorio Veneto Amateur Astronomers Association; est. 1984)
- Accident At Work (insurance)
- Active Aeroelastic Wing
- Ad-Aware (software)
- Advanced Analysts' Workstation
- Advanced Attack Weapon
- Advertising Association of the West
- AEGIS Antiair Warfare
Samples in periodicals archive:
The researchers settled on R Scuti because of its brightness and the wealth of long-term observations compiled by Janet Mattei, director of the American Association of Variable Star Observers in Cambridge, Mass.
Mattei, director of the American Association of Variable Star Observers in Cambridge, MAss.