To raise awareness of how school districts blockweb access for its students, the American Association of School Librarians (AASL) has designated Wednesday, Oct.
What does AASL stand for?
AASL stands for American Association of School Librarians (American Library Association)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of AASL
We have 30 other meanings of AASL in our Acronym Attic
- Artists Association of St. John, Inc. (US Virgin Islands)
- Austin Alliance for Social Justice (Texas)
- Adopt A Special Kid
- Adults Adopting Special Kids (Catholic Charities of North Dakota)
- African American Study of Kidney Disease and Hypertension (clinical trial)
- Aid to Adoption of Special Kids
- Aircraft Accident Statistics and Knowledge (Fire Safety Engineering Group database; University of Greenwich; UK)
- Apartment Association of Seattle-King County (Washington)
- Aerospace and Autonomous Systems Laboratory
- AGES Aircraft Sales and Leasing (AGES Group; Boca Raton, FL)
- American Association of School Libraries
- Anti-Aircraft Searchlight (Australia)
- Arkansas Association of School Librarians
- Association of Architecture School Librarians
- Athletic Association of Sri Lanka (est. 1922)
- Airborne Antisubmarine-Launched Ballistic Missile
- Austrian Association for the Study of Lung Cancer (Austria)
- American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases (Alexandria, VA)
- American Association for State and Local History
- African American Student Leadership Institute (Texas A&M University)
Samples in periodicals archive:
New American Association of School Librarians (AASL) standards and guidelines are incorporated in this update, which covers topics ranging from leadership and advocacy, preparation of employees, general human resources concerns, school library programs, and collection development.
In 1998 the American Association of School Librarians (AASL) published its current guidelines, Information Power: Building Partnerships for Learning, as a vision for school library media programs.
Kahlthau, "The Information Search Process of High, Middle, and Low Achieving High School Seniors," paper presented at the Research Forum of the American Association of School Librarians, July 1988, EDRS, ED310787, microfiche: 4.
The American Association of School Librarians (AASL) has taken the first step toward helping librarians by offering the Common Core Standards Crosswalk, a diagram that outlines how the AASL Standards for the 21st-Century Learner and the Common Core State Standards align.