Established by the American Association of Nurse Anesthetists (AANA), National Nurse Anesthetists Week was created to encourage CRNAs to take the opportunity to educate the public about anesthesia safety, questions to ask prior to undergoing surgery, and the benefits of receiving anesthesia care from nurse anesthetists.
What does AANA stand for?
AANA stands for American Association of Nurse Anesthetists
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of AANA
We have 18 other meanings of AANA in our Acronym Attic
- Army After Next
- Asemblea Atlantico del Nord (North Atlantic Assembly; NATO)
- Assignment Action Number (US Air Force)
- Association of Alternative Newsweeklies
- Australian Association of Neurologists
- Allergy and Asthma Network / Mothers of Asthmatics
- Advance Account Number Authorization
- Alaska Nurses Association
- Alumni Association of North America
- American Association of National Advertisers
- Apartment Association of North Alabama (Madison, AL)
- Arkansas Association of Nurse Anesthetists
- Arthroscopy Association of North America
- Assam Association of North America
- Australian Association of National Advertisers (lobby group)
- Astigmatism and Amblyopia Among Native American Children (study)
- Asian American and Native American Pacific Islander-Serving Institution (US Department of Education)
- Asian American and Native American Pacific Islander-Serving Institutions (Washington, DC)
- Arylalkylamine N-Acetyltransferase
- Abigail Adams National Bancorp, Inc. (Washington, DC)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Sources: 2007 Economic Census, NAICS 622 Bureau of Labor Statistics American Association of Nurse Anesthetists Profile America is produced by the Center for New Media and Promotions of the U.
Pain Management by Nurse Anesthetists: ANA congratulates AANA, the American Association of Nurse Anesthetists, on CMS' decision to continue reimbursing certified registered nurse anesthetists (CRNAs) for chronic pain management for Medicare beneficiaries CMS is modifying its regulations to provide that "Anesthesia and related care means those services that a certified registered nurse anesthetist is legally authorized to perform in the state in which the services are furnished " When state scope of practice rules allow nurse anesthetists to provide chronic pain management services, Medicare will reimburse them CMS deliberately deferred "to individual states to determine the scope of practice for CRNAs" and avoided listing which services they can or cannot do under Medicare.
A past president and executive director of the American Association of Nurse Anesthetists, he was serving as interim executive director of the AANA at the time of his death.
The American Association of Nurse Anesthetists followed up by sending letters to medical facilities across the country.
ANA Hosts Events at Democratic and Republican National Conventions The American Nurses Association (ANA), in association with the Creative Coalition, American Association of Nurse Anesthetists (AANA), AARP and others, hosted special town hall meetings during this summer's Democratic and Republican National Conventions to discuss vital health care issues.
This article was adapted from the January 2008 AANA News Bulletin article titled, "Montana Supreme Court Affirms Physician Supervision Not Required for CRNAs," with the permission of the American Association of Nurse Anesthetists (AANA).
American Association of Nurse Anesthetists (AANA) member John Nagelhout, CRNA, PhD, FAAN, was appointed by Michael Leavitt, secretary of the U.