The last attempt at unification came in 1955, when NASW was created from a merger of the American Association of Group Workers (AAGW), the American Association of Medical Social Workers (AAMSW), the American Association of Psychiatric Social Workers (AAPSW), the American Association of Social Workers (AASW), the National Association of School Social Workers (NASSW), the Social Work Research Group (SWRG), and the Association for the Study of Community Organizations (ASCO).
What does AAGW stand for?
AAGW stands for American Association of Group Workers (social work)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of AAGW
We have 1 other meaning of AAGW in our Acronym Attic
- All Assam Gana Sangram Parishad (Indian political group)
- All Assam Gorkha Students Union (India)
- Administrative Agricultural Thesaurus
- American Amateur Golf Tour, LLC (Tampa, FL)
- Arizona Association for Gifted and Talented (est. 1974)
- Association for the Advancement of Gestalt Therapy
- Austin Association for the Gifted and Talented (Texas)
- American Association of Golf Tour Operators
- Albuquerque Association for Gifted and Talented Students (New Mexico)
- Air-to-Air Guided Weapons
- Asperger Adults of Greater Washington (Washington, DC)
- Association of Albanian Girls and Women
- Aachen (IATA airport/city code)
- Academy on Architecture for Health
- Act Against Homophobia (Faroe Islands)
- Action Against Hunger
- Acute Alcoholic Hepatatis (disease)
- Ada Adoption Handbook
- Administrateur Ad Hoc (French: Ad Hoc Administrator)
- Adopt-A-Highway (litter removal program, USA)
Samples in periodicals archive:
He held leadership roles in youth-serving and professional social work organizations, including the American Association of Group Workers and Columbia University School of Social Work Alumni Association.