In 1971, the Canadian Library Association (CLA) established the Amelia Frances Howard-Gibbon Illustrator's Award (first won by Elizabeth Cleaver for The Wind Has Wings, edited by Mary Alice Downie and Barbara Robertson).
What does AFHG stand for?
AFHG stands for Amelia Frances Howard-Gibbon (19th century illustrator)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of AFHG
- Association française d'histoire économique (French Association of Economic History).
- Automated Fuel Handling Equipment
- International Association of Attorneys for Family-Held Enterprises (Glen Allen, VA)
- African Forum for Health Sciences
- Advocates for Homeless Families (Frederick, MD)
- Air Force Historical Foundation
- American Furniture Hall of Fame Foundation, Inc.
- Arizona Family Housing Fund (affordable housing assistance; Scottsdale, AZ)
- A Foundation for Healthy Family Living (Sonoma, CA)
- Allied Forces Heritage Group
- Alliance for Healthy Homes
- American Federation of Home Health Agencies
- Action for Health and Independence (disability conference)
- African Foundation for Health, Information and Culture (Denmark)
- Air Force Headquarters Information System (USAF)
- Action For Healthy Kids
- Adoptive Families of Hong Kong (Central, Hong Kong)
- American Fantasy Hockey League
- American Finance House Lariba
- Australasian Food Holdings Limited
Samples in periodicals archive:
Dusan has been illustrating children's books for many years and has received numerous honours and awards for his work around the world, including the Canadian Library Association's 2009 Amelia Frances Howard-Gibbon Illustrator's Award for Mattland.
Christies Book Award and the Elizabeth Mrazik-Cleaver Canadian Picture Book Award and the Amelia Frances Howard-Gibbon Award.