As a fishing guide and lifelong angler, I spend quite a bit of time chasing big migrating crevalles on the beach, permit on the wrecks and amberjacks on the deep reefs.
What does AMX stand for?
AMX stands for Amberjacks (FAO fish species code)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of AMX
We have 12 other meanings of AMX in our Acronym Attic
- Australian Manufacturing Workers Union
- Arizona Municipal Water Users Association
- Associated Mine Workers Union of Zimbabwe
- Abra Migrant Workers Welfare Association (Philippines)
- Alberta Municipal Water Wastewater Partnership (Alberta, Canada)
- Army Men World War Team Assault (game)
- Aeritalia Macchi Experimental (aircraft; Italy and Brazil)
- Aeromexico Aerovias de Mexico (ICAO code)
- Air Mobility Express
- Alabama Motor eXpress
- American Mortgage Express Corp. (Mount Laurel, NJ)
- American Motors Experimental
- Analog Multiplexing (theatrical lighting)
- Australian Motorcycle Accessories
- Automatic Message Exchange
- Advanced Mission Extender Device (Omni Medical Systems, Inc.; Milton, VT)
- Maximum Active Root Depth
- Army Materiel Command - Europe
- Army Materiel Command - Far East
- Average maximum nucleolar organizer region count
Samples in periodicals archive:
The announcement came following news reports earlier this week that amberjacks had been found dead on the Larnaca seabed by divers.
February is the top month to hook up with the biggest and baddest amberjacks that swim in our local waters.
[ILLUSTRATION OMITTED] Amberjacks prefer wrecks and rocks that sport a good bit of relief.