Through the ARRL's Amateur Radio Emergency Services program, ham volunteers provide both emergency communications for thousands of state and local emergency response agencies and non- emergency community services too, all for free.
What does ARES stand for?
ARES stands for Amateur Radio Emergency Services
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of ARES
We have 51 other meanings of ARES in our Acronym Attic
- Advanced Research Electromagnetic Simulator
- Advanced Research EMP Simulator
- Advanced Reservation Systems, Inc
- Advanced Rheometric Expansion System (Rheometric Scientific, Inc.)
- Aerial Reconfigurable Embedded System (drone)
- Affordable Responsive Spacelift
- Agent Rescue Emergency Simulator
- Agile Responsive Effectiveness Support
- Air Replacement Engineered Systems
- Alternative Retail Electric Supplier (Illinois)
- American Real Estate Society
- Architectural Reasoning for Embedded Systems (ESPRIT Project 20477)
- Architectures of Networks of Services (France)
- Army of Rage Elite Soldiers (gaming)
- Association for Real Estate Securitization (Japan)
- Association of Retired ESA (European Space Agency) Staff
- Astromaterials Research and Exploration Science
- Atlas Régional des Éléments Sensebles (French: Sensitivity Mapping Atlas)
- Automated Reliability Estimation System
- Automated Risk Evaluation System
Samples in periodicals archive:
Stengel serves with the Northampton Township Volunteer Fire Company, the Northampton Township Emergency Management Agency and the Bucks County Amateur Radio Emergency Services team.
Planning for the drill involved a variety of agencies including the city's police, fire, and mass transit departments, the four major hospitals, six secondary care facilities, the Red Cross, the Blood Bank of Alaska, the Amateur Radio Emergency Services ham radio group, and the Alaska Air National Guard.