The laid off Schawk New York workers are represented by Local One of the Amalgamated Lithographers of America, part of the Graphic Communications Conference of the International Brotherhood of Teamsters (GCC/IBT).
What does ALA stand for?
ALA stands for Amalgamated Lithographers of America
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of ALA
We have 341 other meanings of ALA in our Acronym Attic
- Alcatel Leadership Association
- Alighting Area (aeronautics)
- Aliter Lex Ait (Latin: the law says someting different, epigraphy)
- All Letters Answered (classified ads)
- Allocated Loan Amount (finance)
- Almaty, Kazakhstan - Almaty (Airport Code)
- Alpha Lipoic Acid
- Alpha-Linolenic Acid
- Alternative Learning Academy
- Alternative Location Algorithm
- American Laryngological Association
- American Latvian Association
- American Leadership Academy
- American League of Anglers
- American Legion Auxiliary (est. 1919; various locations)
- American Library Association
- American Lighting Association
- American Logistics Association
- American Lung Association
- Amérique Latine et Asie (French: Latin America and Asia; European Investment Bank)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Lithopinion, the defunct graphic arts and public affairs quarterly of Local One, Amalgamated Lithographers of America, changed its size and format from issue to issue "to illuminate the versatility of lithography by example.
He was treasurer and a member of the executive committee of the Graphic Arts Technical Foundation as well as a trustee of the Amalgamated Lithographers of America Pension Plan and Unemployment Funds.