The Alternative High School Initiative (AHSI) Policy Database is accessible to all city leaders and is designed to help them make the case for local, state and federal policy and funding changes to expand alternatives and options for students who struggle in traditional high school settings.
What does AHSI stand for?
AHSI stands for Alternative High School Initiative
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of AHSI
We have 16 other meanings of AHSI in our Acronym Attic
- AID-Hilfe St Gallen Appenzell (German: AIDS St. Gallen Appenzell)
- Alabama High School Graduation Exam
- Alaska High School Graduation Qualifying Examination
- American Historical Society of Germans from Russia
- Arizona High School Hockey Association
- Animal Humane Society of Hennepin County (Minnesota)
- Atlantic Health System Hospital Corporation (New Jersey)
- AIDS, Hepatitis and Sexual Health Line (Victoria, Australia)
- Alexandra Hills State High School (Alexandra Hills, Queensland, Australia)
- African Human Security Initiative
- American Academic and High School Institute (online education)
- Arabian Horse Society of Iowa
- Archivum Historicum Societatis Iesu (Latin; Italian journal)
- Arkansas History Summer Institute
- American Healthcare Specialty Insurance Company
- Anglia Healthcare Systems Ltd. (UK)
- Apollo Health Street, Ltd. (India; healthcare industry)
- Arif Habib Securities Ltd. (Pakistan)
- Arizona Health Sciences Library (University of Arizona)
- Appalachian Highlands Science Learning Center (US NPS; Purchase Knob, NC)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Using the new funding, NASS, in partnership with the Alternative High School Initiative (AHSI), will increase the number of schools utilizing the Street School Model, strengthen instruction and curriculum at its 42 member schools, and provide additional professional development and instructional coaching to support teachers and administrators.
Following a May 7 reception at Vanderbilt University, the first kick-off meeting of this Alternative High School Initiative (AHSI) Committee was held the next day at a new downtown YMCA facility.
The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation also provided support through the Alternative High School Initiative Place-Based Partnership project.
The partnerships that the City of Newark is building with the National League of Cities, the Alternative High School Initiative and local partners such as Newark Public Schools and The Nicholson Foundation will equip them with the tools necessary to flourish, laying the groundwork for their continued success now and for many years to come.
New York City's Office of Multiple Pathways to Graduation supports the development of schools for older students who have struggled in traditional high school settings, while Newark, in addition to Nashville and Indianapolis, is one of the cities partnering with the YEF Institute in the Alternative High School Initiative (AHSI) Place-Based Partnerships project.
Gateway, which along with YouthBuild is part of the Alternative High School Initiative portfolio of school models, provides former dropouts with a chance to earn their high school diploma and take their first college classes simultaneously.