Likewise, India, Brazil, and South Africa are democracies, and occasionally meet in an alternative forum that they call "IBSA.
What does AF stand for?
AF stands for Alternative Forum (Suriname)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of AF
We have 83 other meanings of AF in our Acronym Attic
- Alchohol Free
- Alleged Father (DNA testing; paternity determination)
- Alliance Forums
- Alliance Française
- Alliance Francophone (French language organization; various locations)
- Allied Force (flight simulator game)
- Allocations Familiales (French, family benefits office)
- Allowance Factor
- Almond Flour
- Alternating Field (demagnetization)
Samples in periodicals archive:
11) Then, as now, courts used FNC to prevent abuses in venue selection--where the alternative forum was in a different country and the plaintiff chose Scotland simply to harass the defendant through a distant and inconvenient forum.
Coverage includes who is covered, the administrative process, Federal District Court and alternative forums, employer defenses, complain procedures, practical suggestions for compliance, internal investigations, and special crisis communication issues, among other topics.
Among those who attended the alternative forum was a delegation of farmers who had made a 35-hour trip from San Juan Ixcoy, in the Guatemalan highland department of Huehuetenango.
The statement is signed notably by the Moroccan Organization of the Human Rights, the Moroccan League for the Defense of Human Rights, the Alternative Forum -Morocco, Al Wasit Association for Democracy and Human Rights, the Moroccan Forum for Truth and Justice, the Center for shared Memory and Future, the Modernity and Democracy Group and the Action Committee for the Release of Mustafa Salma Ould Sidi Mouloud.
Reading them in pari materia provides a four-prong test: 1) At the outset, does an available and adequate alternative forum exist that possesses jurisdiction over the parties and may resolve the dispute?