Glycolic acid is probably the most common alpha hydroxy acid and has the reputation of being one of the safest forms of alpha hydroxy acid.
What does AHA stand for?
AHA stands for Alpha Hydroxy Acid
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of AHA
We have 358 other meanings of AHA in our Acronym Attic
- African Humanitarian Action
- After Hours Activities (various organizations)
- Air Alpha Greenland (ICAO code)
- Airport Handling Agents
- Albert Hydeman Associates
- Alberta Handgun Association
- Alcohol Health Alliance (UK)
- Alert Holding Area (Army definition)
- Alexander Hancock Associates (Davidson, NC)
- Algorithmes Hybrides et Adaptatifs (French: Adaptive and Hybrid Algorithms)
- Altoona Housing Authority (Altoona, PA)
- American Hardboard Association (Palatine, Illinois)
- American Hardwood Association
- American Health Association
- American Heart Association
- American Helicopter Association
- American Hereford Association
- American Heritage Academy (various locations)
- American Hippotherapy Association
- American Historical Association
Samples in periodicals archive:
American scientists found "miracle" alpha hydroxy acids, found in most designer lotions, leave users vulnerable to sunlight, rather than protect them from it.
The guidance suggests the following statement for labelling purposes: "Sunburn Alert: This product contains an alpha hydroxy acid (AHA) that may increase your skin's sunburn.