Allocated loss adjustment expenses refer to those expenses incurred that cannot be readily identified to a specific claim or file.
What does ALAE stand for?
ALAE stands for Allocated Loss Adjustment Expense
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of ALAE
We have 4 other meanings of ALAE in our Acronym Attic
- Air Base Local Area Digital Network
- Aire Limitée Adaptation Dynamique Développement International
- Alpha Lipoic Acid in Diabetic Neuropathy (clinical trial)
- Atmospheric Laser Doppler Instrument
- Aire Limitée Adaptation Dynamique Développement International - Keep in Touch
- A Laugh a Day Keeps the Doctor Away
- Academic Library Advancement and Development Network
- Association for Los Angeles Deputy Sheriffs
- Airlift Advisory
- Aerospace Logistics and Electronics (Japan)
- Architects and Landscapers Association of Elanthia (online gaming)
- Architectural and Landscaping Association of Elanthia (Gemstone online game group)
- Association of Licensed Aircraft Engineers
- Atmospheric Lyman Alpha Experiment (NASA)
- Atmospheric Lyman-Alpha Emissions
- Australian Licenced Aircraft Engineers Association
- American Lung Association of the East Bay (California)
- American Lung Association of Eastern Missouri
- A Lesbian Arts Festival (Dublin, Ireland)
- Adult Literacy Achievement Framework (Ministry of Education; New Zealand)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The intent of the reinsurance provided by the captive was to reinsure nearly 100% of all indemnity and allocated loss adjustment expense for the parent's risk, yet the captive contested the contract on the basis of ambiguous language.
Among the factors that should be considered in average claim cost comparisons is allocated loss adjustment expense (ALAE), which is defined as an expense that can be clearly assigned to an individual claim.
Typically, legal expenses are the largest component of allocated loss adjustment expenses.