In September 1942, GEN Dwight Eisenhower appointed McClure to his Allied Forces headquarters as chief of intelligence for the European theater of operations while he was in Africa.
What does AFHQ stand for?
AFHQ stands for Allied Forces Headquarters
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of AFHQ
- Army Family Housing (Operations)
- Australian Federation of Homelessness Organisations (advocacy)
- Air Force Headquarters Operating Instruction (USAF)
- Arizona Fair Housing Partnership
- Air Force Health Professions Recruiter
- Armed Forces Health Professions Scholarship
- Armed Forces Health Profession Scholarship Program
- Armed Forces Health Professionals Scholarship Program/Financial Assistance Program
- Air Force Headquarters
- Allied Force Headquarters
- Artists for Human Rights
- Air Force Historical Research Agency
- Atlantic Food and Horticulture Research Centre (Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada; Kentville, Nova Scotia)
- Asian Forum for Human Rights and Development
- Air Force Human Resources Laboratory
- Australian Forum of Human Rights Organisations
- Antepartum Fetal Heart Rate Testing
- Affordable Family Health Services
- Alberta Family Histories Society
- Alderson Family History Society (England)
Samples in periodicals archive:
And the security service raised no objections when Orwell was vetted for a wartime job at Allied Forces Headquarters as correspondent for the Sunday Observer.
And the security service raised no objections when Orwell was vetted for a wartime job at Allied Forces Headquarters as correspondent for The Observer.