Many traditional medicines are made up of a number of herbs and the Alliance for Natural Health (ANH) estimates the cost of obtaining a license at 100,000 pounds per herb.
What does ANH stand for?
ANH stands for Alliance for Natural Health
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of ANH
We have 30 other meanings of ANH in our Acronym Attic
- Australasian Natural Gas Vehicles Council
- A New Hope
- A New Hope (aka Star Wars Episode 4)
- Absolutely No Heat (oil processing)
- Academia Nacional de la Historia (República Argentina)
- Access Node Hub
- Acute Normovolemic Hemodilution (cardiology)
- Agence Nationale de l'Habitat (French: National Housing Agency)
- Agencia Nacional de Hidrocarburos (Colombia)
- All Nippon Helicopter (airline, Japan)
- Anhang (German: Appendix; used in designating Beethoven's music)
- Anworth Mortgage Asset Corporation (Santa Monica, CA)
- artificial nutrition and hydration
- Association of Neighbourhood Houses (Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada)
- Asuris Northwest Health (insurance; Spokane, WA)
- Atrial Natriuretic Hormone
- Alabama Nursing Home Association
- Alaska Natural History Association (Anchorage, Alaska)
- Alliance of National Heritage Areas
- American Naturopathic and Holistic Association (Washington, DC)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The name reflects a merger of the American Association for Health Freedom (AAHF) and the Alliance for Natural Health in the UK.
Citing Dr Robert Verkerk from the Alliance for Natural Health, the CA wants to bring the UK, for example, into line with countries such as Germany.
The ruling was a blow to the Alliance For Natural Health (ANH), which, backed by the British Health Food Manufacturers Association (HFMA), and the National Association of Health Stores (NAHS), mounted the legal challenge.
The campaign to overturn the regulation has been particularly vocal in Britain, where the Alliance for Natural Health - an association of manufacturers, distributors and consumers - joined other groups in mounting a legal challenge.
Following a landmark challenge in the European Courts of Justice (ECJ) brought by the Alliance for Natural Health (ANH) and Nutri-Link Ltd to the contentious Food Supplements Directive, which effectively proposed to ban 75% of vitamin and mineral forms, Advocate General Geelhoed, the senior adviser to the ECJ, gave his opinion in favor of the Alliance's case.
Other applicants for the reference were the Alliance for Natural Health, a Europe-wide association of manufacturers, wholesalers, retailers, distributors and consumers of food supplements, and Nutri-Link Ltd, a small specialist UK distributor.
If the legislation is too restrictive, we will see many very useful and effective products and ingredients being lost from the marketplace or not available to complementary practitioners," says Dr Rob Verkerk, Executive Director of the Alliance For Natural Health.