Uwingu also previously raised $2,500 for the Allen Telescope Array, which the organization SETI is using to look for signs of extraterrestrial life.
What does ATA stand for?
ATA stands for Allen Telescope Array
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of ATA
We have 459 other meanings of ATA in our Acronym Attic
- Alabama Turfgrass Association (est. 1961)
- Alaska Telephone Association
- Albanian Telegraphic Agency (Albanian News Agency)
- Alberta Teachers' Association
- Alberta Trucking Association
- Alcatel TITN Answare
- Alfabetico per Autore (Italian: Alphabetical by Author)
- Alien Tort Act (also seen as ATCA, Alien Tort Claims Act)
- All Takashimaya Agency (Japan)
- Allegheny Trail Alliance
- Alliance for Technology Access
- Alliance of Taiwan Aborigines (Taiwan)
- Alliance Tours Airsoft (French airsoft club)
- Alliance Transport et Accompagnement (French: Alliance Transportation and Accompaniment)
- Alternative Technologies and Approaches
- Alternative Technology Association (Australia)
- Amateur Trapshooting Association
- American Taekwondo Association
- American Tailgaters Association
- American Tapestry Alliance
Samples in periodicals archive:
Astronomer Jill Tarter of the SETI Institute in Mountain View said she and her team will be using the Allen Telescope Array in California to eavesdrop on the entire Kepler field and listen for radio signals of intelligent origin.
The time necessary for this task can be estimated from the capabilities of planned radio telescopes - such as Seti's onehectare Allen Telescope Array - and expected increases in the power of microchips that sift through the radio signals from space.
The time necessary for this task can be estimated from the capabilities of planned radio telescopes - such as Seti's one-hectare Allen Telescope Array - and expected increases in the power of microchips that sift through the radio signals from space.