All stars synthesize heavy elements, but the largest supply has come from massive stars exploding as supernovas.
What does AS stand for?
AS stands for All Stars (Disney resort)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of AS
We have 206 other meanings of AS in our Acronym Attic
- Airlift Squadron
- Aksje Selskap (Norwegian: Limited Company)
- Alarm Surveillance
- Alaska Airlines, Inc., Alaska (IATA airline code)
- Alayhis Salaam (Arabic: Peace Be upon Him)
- Alessandro Scarlatti (classical composer)
- Alignment Signal (ITU-T)
- All Source
- All Star (sports)
Samples in periodicals archive:
In a more typical galaxy, you have this [central] disk where all stars form and die -- they're all jumbled together.
It seems that among these very young stars, the frequency of binaries is just as high as among all stars.