Toru Fujimaru, 52, a member of the All Japan Seamen's Union and a participant in the event, said, ''I have heard the death rate of seamen was higher than that of military personnel during World War II.
What does JSU stand for?
JSU stands for All Japan Seamen's Union
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of JSU
We have 12 other meanings of JSU in our Acronym Attic
- Jersey Shore Touring Society (Red Bank, NJ)
- Journal of Semiconductor Technology and Science
- Junior Scholars' Training Seminar (Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars; Washington, DC)
- Junior Science Talent Search Examination (India)
- Japanese Society for Traumatic Stress Studies
- Japan Society for Trenchless Technology
- Just Something to Think About
- Japanese Satellite Television
- Journal of Software Testing, Verification and Reliability
- Japan Small-Type Whaling Association
- Jackson State University (Jackson, MS, USA)
- Jacksonville State University
- Japanese Society of Undergraduates (Massachusetts Institute of Technology; Boston, MA)
- Jewish Student Union
- Joint Strategy Unit (UK)
- Joint Support Unit (UK Ministry of Defence)
- Justice Statistics Unit (UK)
- Juventudes Socialistas Unificadas (Spanish: Unified Socialist Youth)
- Japan Supporting University Consortium
- Jacksonville State University Foundation (Alabama)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The legal preparations to engage in war are proceeding and we are faced with a new prewar period," Shigenori Nishikawa, secretary general of the civic group, told the gathering Tetsuya Miyawaki, an official of the All Japan Seamen's Union, said, "During the Pacific War, more than 40% of the sailors died while serving as civilian employees for the army.
However, Seiichi Hirayama of the All Japan Seamen's Union urged that the bills be scrapped, criticizing them as being based on an "empty theory.