As a prospective buyer, the best course is to thoroughly investigate the property (with the help of an environmental consultant) before you purchase, completing all appropriate inquiry in accordance with the standards set forth in CERCLA.
What does AAI stand for?
AAI stands for All Appropriate Inquiry
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of AAI
We have 258 other meanings of AAI in our Acronym Attic
- Air-to-Air Interrogator
- Airborne Alert Indoctrination
- Aircraft Armament Incorporated
- Airline Ambassadors International
- Airline Automation Inc
- Airport Authority of India
- AirTran Holdings, Inc. (Nevada and Florida)
- Alexandria Archive Institute (San Francisco, CA)
- All Actors Integration
- All American Industries Company
- Alliance Academy International
- Alliance for Africa's Industrialization
- Alliance for American Innovation
- Alliance of American Insurers
- Allied Armies in Itlay
- Alpine Ascents International (Seattle, WA)
- Alternatives to Abortion International
- American Acrylic Injection Inc (Farmersville, TX)
- American Alpine Institution
- American Antitrust Institute
Samples in periodicals archive:
Innocent" purchasers are essentially buyers of brownfields properties "who are not responsible for [the site's] contamination and do not impede the cleanup of the site, make all appropriate inquiry prior to purchase, exercise appropriate care with respect to hazardous substances, and provide cooperation and access to persons cleaning up the site.
The proposed rule would establish specific regulatory requirements and standards for conducting inquiries into the previous ownership, uses and environmental conditions of a property for the purposes of meeting the All Appropriate Inquiry provisions necessary to qualify for certain landowner liability protections under Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation and Liability Act.