Alkylation plants are found in many oil refineries.
What does ALK stand for?
ALK stands for Alkylation
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of ALK
We have 27 other meanings of ALK in our Acronym Attic
- Anthony L. Jordan Health Center (Rochester, NY)
- Afro-Latin Jazz Orchestra
- Australian Law Journal Reports
- Australijos Lietuviu Jaunimo Sajunga (Australian Lihtuanian Youth Association; Melbourne, Australia)
- Abigroup Leighton Joint Venture (construction)
- Abigroup Liaison Joint Venture
- Activin Receptor-Like Kinase
- Alaska Air Group, Inc. (stock symbol)
- Alkohol (German: alcohol)
- Allergologisk Laboratorium København (Allergological Laboratory of Copenhagen)
- Anaplastic Lymphoma Kinase
- Anti-Lift Kit (Subaru suspension system)
- Association Languedocienne de Kyudo (French; Japanese archery association)
- Automated Limellar Keratoplasty (Surgical Procedure)
- Automatisierte Liegenschaftskarte
- Srilankan Airlines (ICAO code)
- Alkaline Phosphate (blood enzyme)
- Activin-Like Kinase 3 (receptor)
- Alkaline Trio (band)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Summary: TEHRAN (FNA)- The first Iranian made alkylation unit of a gasoline making project came online at Abadan oil refinery.
A number of environmental toxins and chemotherapy drugs are alkylation agents that can attack DNA.
The refinery will shut its gasoline-making fluid catalytic cracker and alkylation units.
The section Existing Alkylation Process and Waste Management below introduces the process--alkylation--concentrating on the management of fluoridic waste arising from HF used as catalyst.
They begin by describing the fundamentals of integrated process design, then get into specifics by describing case studies relating to process synthesis using the hierarchical approach, synthesis of separator systems, reactor/separation/recycling systems, phenol hydrogenation to cyclohexone, alkylation of benzene by propylene to cumene, vinyl chloride monomer processing, fatty-ester synthesis by catalytic distillation, isobutane alkylation, vinyl acetate monomer processing, acrylonitrile by propene ammoxidation, biochemical processes for nitrogen oxide removal, polyvinylchloride manufacturing by suspension polymerization, biodiesel and bioethanol manufacturing.