They explore the impact of the increasing digitization of music after 2001 in the form of video games, websites, mp3 files, iPods, movie trailers, and YouTube clips, as well as the recent revival of the cassette culture; subversive musical responses to 9/11, including underground, improvised jazz, Radiohead's Hail to the Thief and In Rainbows, and Nine Inch Nails' Year Zero; and musical protest, its absence in mainstream hip-hop, the apolitical 60s sound of acts like Grizzly Bear and Fleet Foxes, the rise of conservative punk around the 2004 presidential campaign, and responses of late-punk groups Alkaline Trio and Green Day.
What does ALK3 stand for?
ALK3 stands for Alkaline Trio (band)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of ALK3
- Allergologisk Laboratorium København (Allergological Laboratory of Copenhagen)
- Anaplastic Lymphoma Kinase
- Anti-Lift Kit (Subaru suspension system)
- Association Languedocienne de Kyudo (French; Japanese archery association)
- Automated Limellar Keratoplasty (Surgical Procedure)
- Automatisierte Liegenschaftskarte
- Srilankan Airlines (ICAO code)
- Alkaline Phosphate (blood enzyme)
- Activin-Like Kinase 3 (receptor)
- Ala Kahakai National Historic Trail (US National Park Service)
- Automatic Lexical Knowledge Base (Columbia University)
- Assistance League of Kansas City (Missouri)
- A Little Knowledge Is A Dangerous Thing
- Alkaline Phosphatase Isoenzyme (body tissue)
- Arbeitsgemeinschaft Leitender Kardiologischer Krankenhausarzte (German: Association of Leading Cardiological Hospital Physicians)
- Almighty Latin King Nation (street gang)
- Alkaline Phosphatase
- Almighty Latin King and Queen Nation
- Alkermes, Inc. (stock symbol)
Samples in periodicals archive:
AMERICAN punk rockers Alkaline Trio make their first visit to Coventry tomorrow - after postponing last year's show due to a freak accident.
Alaska and Sister Rose - The Keys, Middlesbrough pounds 2 Wednesday The Subways, Royal Republic, Turbowolf - The Empire, Middlesbrough, pounds 14; Buzzard Creek - Guisborough Quoit Club Thursday Alkaline Trio - The Empire, Middlesbrough pounds 16.
The records are a cool idea, with bands covering songs by other BYO bands that date from 1982 (the Briefs covering the Adolescents, NOFX covering Battalion of Saints), to more recent stuff (Nothington covering One Man Army and Krum Bums covering Alkaline Trio from 2004).
Influences: The Twang, White Lies, The Killers, Kings of Leon, The Rolling Stones, Alkaline Trio, Rage Against the Machine.
Alkaline Trio Monday, Indigo District If you have tickets for Monday's Alkaline Trio show, be prepared to get there early.