Turkcell contends the 1789 US Alien Tort Act gives it the right to sue MTN in American courts, a stance opposed by MTN.
What does ATA stand for?
ATA stands for Alien Tort Act (also seen as ATCA, Alien Tort Claims Act)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of ATA
We have 459 other meanings of ATA in our Acronym Attic
- Airlift Tanker Association (USAF)
- Airport Traffic Area
- Alabama Turfgrass Association (est. 1961)
- Alaska Telephone Association
- Albanian Telegraphic Agency (Albanian News Agency)
- Alberta Teachers' Association
- Alberta Trucking Association
- Alcatel TITN Answare
- Alfabetico per Autore (Italian: Alphabetical by Author)
- All Takashimaya Agency (Japan)
- Allegheny Trail Alliance
- Allen Telescope Array
- Alliance for Technology Access
- Alliance of Taiwan Aborigines (Taiwan)
- Alliance Tours Airsoft (French airsoft club)
- Alliance Transport et Accompagnement (French: Alliance Transportation and Accompaniment)
- Alternative Technologies and Approaches
- Alternative Technology Association (Australia)
- Amateur Trapshooting Association
Samples in periodicals archive:
1995) (discussing the issue of subject matter jurisdiction over foreign defendants under the Alien Tort Act and the Torture Victim Act), reh'g denied, 74 F.
I think they will be proceeding under a US act called the Alien Tort Act which allows non-US nationals to pursue an action against the US government.