203) and refers to Alessandro Scarlatti, Bernardo Pasquini, and Arcangelo Corelli as the "only three composers to have been ever admitted to the Academy of Arcadians" (p.
What does AS stand for?
AS stands for Alessandro Scarlatti (classical composer)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of AS
We have 206 other meanings of AS in our Acronym Attic
- Air Seasoned Timber
- Air Speed
- Air Station
- Air Superiority
- Airfield Services
- Airlift Squadron
- Aksje Selskap (Norwegian: Limited Company)
- Alarm Surveillance
- Alaska Airlines, Inc., Alaska (IATA airline code)
- Alayhis Salaam (Arabic: Peace Be upon Him)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Then," says Meyn, "he'd call you out of the blue and say, 'Did you know that (composer) Alessandro Scarlatti was born on this day in 1660?
Mediocrity took the form of an F minor Concerto Grosso by Alessandro Scarlatti, father of Domenico.
6 ML410 Pagano provides a study of the relationship between composer Alessandro Scarlatti and his son Domenico (also a composer), in the context of seventeenth-century Sicilian culture.
com 1-518-325-6100 Ably translated into English by Frederick Hammond, "Alessandro and Domenico Scarlatti: Two Lives In One" is an inherently fascinating and impressively informative biography of Alessandro Scarlatti, one of the most celebrated and least performed composers of the Baroque, and his son Domenico.
Telemaco: a rare work of an early Italian master ALESSANDRO SCARLATTI IS remembered today more for his son, Domenico, than for himself.