Polymorphisms in genes of renin-angiotensin-aldosterone system (RAAS) comprising of angiotensinogen (AG7), angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE), angiotensin II receptor type 1 (AT1R), and aldosterone synthase (CYP11B2) genes have been the most commonly studied for association with various aspects of hypertension.
What does ALDOS stand for?
ALDOS stands for Aldosterone Synthase
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- adult-to-adult living donor liver transplantation
- Airlift Delay
- All Lives Don't Matter (song title)
- Artificial Learning and Data Mining (conference)
- Augmented Lagrangian Decomposition Method
- Associate Laboratory Director for Nuclear Weapons (LANL)
- Aldolase A
- All DoD Activities (US DoD)
- Associated Licensed Detectives of New York State
- Agency Lending Disclosure of Principal
- Aircraft Launchable Deep Ocean Transponder
- Alabama Department Of Transportation
- Academic Leadership Development Program (Southeastern Conference Academic Consortium; various universities)
- Accelerated Leadership Development Program
- Adrenoleukodystrophy Protein
- Advanced Launch Development Program
- Agency Leader Development Program
- Ana Liffey Drug Project (Ireland)
- Army Leader Development Program (US Army)
- Aspiring Leaders Development Program (US DOC)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Three additional polymorphisms selected include a SNP (-344C[right arrow]T) located in the upstream regulatory element of aldosterone synthase (CYP11B2) and two SNPs [-6G[right arrow]A and 842T[right arrow]C (M235T)] located in the angiotensinogen gene (9,21-25).