Tom Frederick, co-owner of the bar said that sparing even one unborn child from alcohol-related birth defects or developmental disabilities makes the effort worthwhile.
What does ARBD stand for?
ARBD stands for Alcohol-Related Birth Defects
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of ARBD
We have 1 other meaning of ARBD in our Acronym Attic
- Adolescent Radioactive Black Belt Hamsters (comic)
- Andrew Robson Bridge Club (London, England, UK)
- Anthracycline Resistant Breast Cancer
- Arapaho Road Baptist Church (Garland, TX)
- Army Brigade Center
- Ashley River Baptist Church (Charleston, SC)
- Asociatia Romana a Brokerilor de Credite (Romanian Association of Credit Brokers)
- Alabama Risk-Based Corrective Action (Alabama Department of Environmental Management)
- Association of Reformed Baptist Churches of America
- Arbitration Committee (Wikimedia Foundation)
- Aluminum-Related Bone Disease
- Agno River Basin Development Commission (Philippines)
- Administratiei Rezervatiei Biosferei Delta Dunarii (Romanian)
- Accounting Regulations for Business Enterprises
- ASEAN Review of Biodiversity and Environmental Conservation
- Aciéries Réunies de Burbach-Eich-Dudelange (French: United Steelworks of Burbach-Eich-Dudelange; Luxembourg)
- Association pour le Bien-etre Familial (French)
- Gesetz über Arbeitnehmererfindungen
- Advected Radial Basis Function (fluid simulation)
- Alternate-Reality Boss Fight (gaming)
Samples in periodicals archive:
These include FAS, partial FAS (pFAS), fetal alcohol effects (FAE), alcohol-related birth defects (ARBD), alcohol-related neurodevelopmental disorder (ARND), and fetal alcohol spectrum disorders (FASD).
12) The health professional suspecting alcohol-related birth defects is faced with the dilemma of either questioning a mother's alcohol consumption during pregnancy, which many are reluctant to do, or giving a diagnosis of some other condition such as attention disorder deficit.
Some research has centered on the investigation of ethyl linoleate (E18:2) as the biomarker most likely to identify alcohol-related birth defects (11).
Alcohol-related birth defects have been long identified in the medical and popular literature and were historically defined as the result of paternal intoxication at the time of conception.
Directed by Arno Motulsky, professor of medicine and genetics, they are focusing on genetic factors that predispose some people to diseases such as lung cancer, pesticide poisoning, and alcohol-related birth defects.
Washington, August 23 ( ANI ): In a new study, researchers have tried to shed light on alcohol-related birth defects.