org * ANILCA Seminar March 6-7--BLM Campbell Creek Science Center, Anchorage: A thorough review of the Alaska National Interest Lands Conservation Act of 1980 and an opportunity to examine and discuss current and controversial ANILCA-related issues with several subject matter experts.
What does ANILCA stand for?
ANILCA stands for Alaska National Interest Lands Conservation Act
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
We have 1 other meaning of ANILCA in our Acronym Attic
- Accelerator-Based Neutron Irradiation Facility
- Asociación Nipona de Flamenco (Spanish: Nippon Flamenco Association; Japan)
- Automatic Number Identification Failure
- Anglo-North Irish Fish Producers Organisation(UK)
- Association Nationale des Infirmières Générales
- Armenian National Institute of Health
- Association Nationale de l'Ingénierie Hospitalière et Biomédicale (French: National Association of Biomedical and Hospital Engineering)
- Authorized Nuclear Inservice Inspector (ASME)
- Association of Nepalese Indigenous Journalists (Nepal)
- Canadian COMSAT
- Asociación Nacional de Investigación en Literatura Infantil y Juvenil
- Associazione Nazionale Insegnanti Lingue Straniere (Italian: National Association of Foreign Language Teachers)
- Animato (Music, Animated -- with Soul)
- Association of Nuclear Instrument Manufacturers
- ATM (Asynchronous Transfer Mode) Network Interface Module (hardware)
- Arts Network for Integrated Media Applications
- Acosados Nuestros Indios Murieron Al Luchar (Argentine band)
- Associação Nortenha de Intervenção do Mundo Animal (Portugal Animal Rights Association)
- Atlantic Network of Interdisciplinary Moorings and Time-Series for Europe
- Animation or Japanese Animation
Samples in periodicals archive:
In enacting the Alaska National Interest Lands Conservation Act (ANILCA) in 1980, Congress declared a national policy of protecting the subsistence way of life and legislated a clear congressional directive to protect the cultural aspects of subsistence living as "essential to Native physical, economic, traditional, and cultural existence.
ALASKA NATIONAL INTEREST LANDS CONSERVATION ACT III.
Although some resisted the landmark Alaska National Interest Lands Conservation Act, which 25 years ago created or expanded 15 national parks including Glacier Bay, many today embrace the park idea.
Congress responded to the regional oil boom by enacting the Alaska National Interest Lands Conservation Act (ANILCA) in 1980.
1980 CONGRESS PASSES ALASKA NATIONAL INTERESTS LANDS CONSERVATION ACT In 1980, after years of congressional debate, President Jimmy Carter signed the Alaska National Interest Lands Conservation Act (ANILCA) into law.
NPCA members and supporters are invited to celebrate the 25th Anniversary of the Alaska National Interest Lands Conservation Act (ANILCA) July 6-7 in Anchorage, Alaska.
The new owners planned to construct a 10-mile road across national park land to reach their property, claiming the Alaska National Interest Lands Conservation Act guaranteed them this right.