The Alaska Board of Fisheries (BOF) is the regulatory body for state waters.
What does ABOF stand for?
ABOF stands for Alaska Board of Fisheries
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
We have 1 other meaning of ABOF in our Acronym Attic
- Agricultural Bank of China
- Amalgamated Bank of Chicago (est. 1922; Warrenville, IL)
- American Board of Opticianry Certification
- Archbishop of Canterbury (UK)
- Arizona Board of Cosmetology (Phoenix, AZ)
- All Bets On Death (band)
- Andy Biersack Obsession Disorder
- Apprentice Boys of Derry (Protestant fraternal organisation)
- Arizona Band and Orchestra Directors Association (Arizona Music Educators Association)
- Australian Band and Orchestra Director's Association
- A Bit of Fry and Laurie (TV series)
- Arkansas Bait and Ornamental Fish Growers Association
- Academic Business Officers Group (California)
- Alumni Board of Governors (various universities)
- American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- American Board of Ophthalmology (est. 1916)
- Associated Builders and Owners of Greater New York
- American Board for Occupational Health Nurses
- American Board of Hospital Physicians
- ABO Blood Group Incompatibility (blood types)
Samples in periodicals archive:
State water closures to commercial fishery harvests have been enacted by the Alaska Board of Fisheries for research purposes and to conserve fish stocks, protect habitats, reduce bycatch, and provide subsistence and recreational harvest opportunities.
To date, the proposal has always been rejected, though ultimately, Knapp says, the Alaska Board of Fisheries will decide.