Under the stress of body alarm reaction, our bodies undergo vasoconstriction.
What does AR stand for?
AR stands for Alarm Reaction
This definition appears frequently
See other definitions of AR
We have 156 other meanings of AR in our Acronym Attic
- Air Revitalization
- Air Rifle
- Air Route
- Airborne Reconnaissance
- Airborne Relay
- Airworthiness Representative
- Aishwarya Rai (Indian actress)
- Akademia Rolnicza (Polish: University of Agriculture)
- Alabama Railroad
- Alan Rickman (British actor)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The opioid addict's brain has been conditioned to have an alarm reaction at the first sign of any physical pain or discomfort--which always occurs even after a short-term inpatient detox (the HMO's idea of a successful treatment episode).
The alarm reaction in hypoxemia, due to secondary factors such as cold, caused tachycardia and tachypnea.
2) The alarm reaction produces physiological changes, known collectively as "fight-or-flight" syndrome, in response to an emergency.
When the alarm reaction is not sufficient to cope, the stressor maintains its attack.