Sarcosine and alanine were quantified in plasma by gas-chromatograph mass spectrometry.
What does ALA stand for?
ALA stands for Alanine
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of ALA
We have 341 other meanings of ALA in our Acronym Attic
- Additional Listing Application
- Address Latch Attachment
- Advanced Life Administrator (insurance)
- Afghanistan Lawyers Association
- Agricultural Law Association
- Aircraft Load Agent
- Aircraft Loading Agent
- Alabama (old style postal abbreviation)
- Alachua Leadership Alliance (Florida)
- Åland Islands (Finland)
- Alarm Application
- Alberta Agriculture
- Alcatel Leadership Association
- Alighting Area (aeronautics)
- Aliter Lex Ait (Latin: the law says someting different, epigraphy)
- All Letters Answered (classified ads)
- Allocated Loan Amount (finance)
- Almaty, Kazakhstan - Almaty (Airport Code)
- Alpha Lipoic Acid
- Alpha-Linolenic Acid
Samples in periodicals archive:
Serine, glycine and alanine work with Joico's exclusive traimine complex to reconstruct the hair from the inside out.
By day 4 of hospitalization, the patient's level of creatine phosphokinase had elevated to 146 266 U/L, the level of aspartate aminotransferase was 3082 U/L, the level of alanine aminotransferase was 1144 U/L, and the level of lactate dehydrogenase was 4687 U/L.
An international research team led by Paul Cox of the National Tropical Botanical Garden based in Kalaheo, Hawaii, has suggested that the spike came from a rise in exposure to the neurotoxic amino acid [beta]-N-methylamino-L alanine (BMAA).
9]/L and mildly elevated alanine transaminase at 59 U/L (normal <55 U/L), but total and differential leukocyte counts were normal.
Baginski and Pierce (1977) also observed elevated alanine and glycine levels in Modiolus demissus (= Geukensia demissa) 1 to 3 days after holding the mussels in a hyper-osmotic environment.
Patients with nonalcoholic fatty liver disease who have a normal alanine aminotransferase level may have steatohepatitis with advanced fibrosis, said Dr.
All amino acids except alanine showed an increase in breakdown, and aspartic acid showed the greatest increase in breakdown by 50 RVU.