She was selected by base administrators to co-edit a newsletter for the Alameda Naval Air Station during her community college undergraduate years.
What does ANAS stand for?
ANAS stands for Alameda Naval Air Station (Alameda, CA)
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of ANAS
We have 4 other meanings of ANAS in our Acronym Attic
- Arab and North Africa Regional Contest (now Arab Collegiate Programming Contest; Association of Computing Machinery)
- Association of North American Radio Clubs
- Australian National Antarctic Research Establishment
- Australian National Antarctic Research Expeditions
- Alcohol Needs Assessment Research Project (UK)
- Australian Naval Amateur Radio Society
- American National Adult Reading Test
- Australian National Amateur Radio Teleprinter Society
- Adaptation in Natural and Artificial Systems (introduced in 1975 by Jon H. Holland)
- Alabama Newspaper Advertising Service (Alabama Press Association)
- Associazione Nazionale Allevatori Suini (Italian: National Swine Breeders Association)
- Azerbaijan National Academy of Sciences
- Azienda Nazionale Autonoma delle Strade (Italy)
- Action Network Advisory on Small Arms (Lusaka, Zambia)
- Association of Nursing Agencies of South Africa
- Associazione Nazionale Allevatori Specie Bufalina (Italian: National Buffalo Species Farmers' Association)
- American Nurses Association Steering Committee on Databases
- Association des Nations d'Asie du Sud-Est
- Attitudes to Noise from Aircraft Sources in England (UK Department of Transport Study)
- Associazione Nazionale per le Società di Informatica (Italy)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Omi applied, was excited to be selected, and attended Navy flight school at Alameda Naval Air Station, CA.
[ILLUSTRATION OMITTED] We left Lincoln Park for Alameda Naval Air Station, escorted by the same police officers who led us in.
He convinced the commission to keep open a naval supply center in Oakland, despite closure of the Alameda Naval Air Station it served, because the center is "a prime place for blacks" to get well-paying blue collar jobs.