As the Alabama state legislature was debating proposals in May 1999 to, among other things, cap punitive damages, Alabama Voters Against Lawsuit Abuse (AVALA) organized pro-business demonstrations outside the capitol in Montgomery, and sent out letters to its mailing list asking people to urge their legislator to vote for the package of tort restrictions.
What does AVALA stand for?
AVALA stands for Alabama Voters Against Lawsuit Abuse
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Alta Vista Animal Hospital (Gloucester, Ontario)
- Alaska VA Healthcare System and Regional Office
- Ano de Vida Ajustado por Incapacidade (Portuguese: disability adjusted life years)
- Association des Véhicules Anciens Industriels et Agricoles (French: Vintage Industrial and Agricultural Vehicles Association)
- Asbestos Veterans Assistance Information League
- Ars Virtua Artist-in-Residence
- Assessment of Vulnerability and Lethality (Sweden)
- Amateurs de Véhicules Anciens du Morbihan (French: Morbihan Fans of Vintage Vehicles; Morbihan, France)
- American Visionary Art Museum
- Amis de la Voiture Ancienne de Metz (French vintage automobile club)
- Association Voitures Anciennes Marommaise (French: Marommaise Classic Car Association; Maromme, France)
- Australian Visas and Migration (Department of Immigration and Citizenship; Australia)
- Asian Volunteer Action Network
- Association of Voluntary Agencies on Narcotics Treatment
- Added Value Access to New Technologies and Services on the Internet (London, England, UK)
- Aerial Vehicle for Autonomous Operation
- American Value Added Pulping (biorefinery technology)