New York (AirGuide - Inside Air Travel) Jun 21, 2012 Why Aircraft Identification Matters A transponder's aircraft ID signal is crucial for the flight's safety.
What does ACID stand for?
ACID stands for Aircraft Identification (aviation)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of ACID
We have 38 other meanings of ACID in our Acronym Attic
- Accelerated Change In Design
- Accessor Identification
- Acidification Chemistry Information Database
- Active Change Initiating Document
- Adaptive COMSEC Interface Device
- Advanced Caller Identification
- Advanced Combat Infantry Division (gaming)
- Advanced Computing Information Database
- Advanced Corporate Information Directory (Cidera multi-platform web enabled file sharing tool)
- Aggressive Criminal Interdiction Detail
- Alcatel Craft Interface Device
- All-Service Combat Identification Demonstration
- Allocated Configuration Identification
- Analysis Console for Intrusion Databases
- ANSI Coders In Demand
- ANSI Creators In Demand
- Anti Copying in Design (est. 1996; trade organization)
- Application Context Identifier
- Arielle Chester Industrial Design (cigar brand)
- ARQ (Automatic Repeat Request) Channel Identification (wireless communication)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Essential Aircraft Identification Guide: Aircraft of World War I, 1914-1918.
ASDE-X is a traffic management system for the airport surface that aims to provide seamless surveillance and aircraft identification to air traffic controllers.
ASDE-X is a traffic management system for the airport surface that will provide seamless coverage and aircraft identification (tags) to air traffic controllers.
ASOC supports the processing of radar data from both civil ATC and military radars to support situation awareness and the processing of ICAO flight plan data to support aircraft identification.