On a lower level the flight deck control and launch operations room is where the aircraft handling officer and his crew kept track of the position and status of all the aircraft on the flight deck and in the hangar, calling the tune for the choreography on the flight deck.
What does ACHO stand for?
ACHO stands for Aircraft Handling Officer (US DoD)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of ACHO
- Asphalt Concrete Hot Mix
- Australian Cultural Heritage Management (Hindmarsh, South Australia, Australia)
- Achromatopsia 1
- Academy of Certified Hazardous Materials Managers
- Aboriginal Cultural Heritage Management Plan (Perth Region, Australia)
- Ambulatory and Community Health Network (Illinois)
- Australian College of Holistic Nurses
- Association of Community Health Nursing Educators
- Asociación Chilena para las Naciones Unidas (Spanish)
- Affiliation of Crystal Healing Organisations
- alt.comp.hardware.overclocking (newsgroup)
- Asian Congress of Hyperthermic Oncology
- Assistant Chief Observer
- Autosomal Dominant Compelling Helio-Ophthalmic Outburst
- Albany County Hall of Records (Albany, NY)
- Alliance for Canadian Health Outcomes Research in Diabetes
- Academy of Correctional Health Professionals
- Academy of Health Care Professions
- Accessible Customized Homes Program (Lansing, MI, USA)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Kennedy (CV 67), an aircraft handling officer inspects an aircraft recovery net used to stop aircraft making distressed carrier landings.
Yellow Jerseys -- aircraft handling officers, plane directors, catapult and arresting gear officers.