It consists of an Aircraft Carrier Battle Group, an Amphibious Ready Group, surface combatants, submarines, maritime patrol and reconnaissance aircraft, and logistics ships.
What does ACBG stand for?
ACBG stands for Aircraft Carrier Battle Group (US DoD)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of ACBG
We have 3 other meanings of ACBG in our Acronym Attic
- Accelerating Change in Built Environment Education
- Associacao Cultural Brasil Estados Unidos (Portuguese: Cultural Association Singapore-United States; Brazil)
- AC-Rich Binding Factor
- African Capacity Building Foundation
- Air-Cooled Blast Furnace (slag; construction material)
- Anterior Cervical Bony Fusion
- Autogenous Cortical Bone Fragments
- Autoregulation of Cerebral Blood Flow (brain research)
- Fondation pour le renforcement des capacités en Afrique
- Association Canadienne de Basketball en Fauteuil Roulant (Canadian Wheelchair Basketball Association)
- Airframe Control Bearings Group (Society of Automotive Engineers)
- Aorta-Coronary Bypass Graft (cardiology)
- Ash Creek Boer Goats (Azle, Texas)
- Autogenous Cancellous Bone Graft
- ALICO (American Life Insurance Company)/CEH (Consolidated Eurofinance Holdings) Balkan Holdings Ltd. (Cyprus)
- Amador County Behavioral Health Department (California)
- Assault Causing Bodily Harm (crime)
- Average Consistent Busy Hour
- Alaska Commission for Behavioral Health Certification
- Alameda County Behavioral Health Care Services (California)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The US currently operates 11 aircraft carrier battle groups and its carriers are far bigger and more advanced.
The aircraft carrier battle group, with 6,000 sailors, is stopping in Hong Kong over the weekend after making a port call in the Philippines.
Navy assets in the Desert Storm theater of operations included an astounding six aircraft carrier battle groups.
decision to send two aircraft carrier battle groups to the region during the 1995-96 Taiwan Strait crisis not only convinced Beijing that attacking Taiwan would likely result in American military intervention but also led Taipei to the same conclusion.
As tensions rise over Iran's nuclear standoff with the West, the US and Iran have pursued an escalating series of military moves, with Washington sending a second aircraft carrier battle group to the region and Iran responding with more frequent manoeuvres.
An American aircraft carrier battle group from Hong Kong was expected to reach Indonesia's Sumatra island today.