In the British scientific journal Nature, Schnell reports that airborne infrared lidar has detected plumes of ice crystals rising from leads (open-water areas) as much as 6 miles wide and other open areas in the ice called polynyas.
What does ABIR stand for?
ABIR stands for Airborne Infrared (sensor technology)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of ABIR
We have 2 other meanings of ABIR in our Acronym Attic
- Associação Brasileira da Indústria do Plástico (Portugese)
- Antioxidant Based Industrial Products from Oats (Competitive Industrial Materials from Non Food Crops; UK)
- American Board of Interventional Pain Physicians (Paducah, KY)
- Associate of the British Institute of Professional Photography
- Abstract Bulletin of the Institute of Paper Science and Technology (monthly publication)
- Autism Behavioural Intervention Queensland
- Agro Based Industry Quality Assurance (Bogor, India)
- Associação Brasileira da Indústria Farmoquímica (Portugese: Brasilian Association of Pharmochemical Industries)
- Associação Brasileira da Indústria Química (Brazil)
- Agent-Based Identity Repertoire
- Anglo-Belgian India Rubber Company (est. 1892)
- Arab Business Intelligence Report (PricewaterhouseCoopers)
- Association of Bermuda Insurers and Reinsurers
- Available Bandwidth Index Routing Protocol
- Abhinav Bharat Institute for Rural Development (Pune, India)
- Aircraft-Based Infrared Detector
- Accounting and Business Information Systems (various organizations)
- Activity Based Information System (software)
- Adaptive Business Information Systems
- Adaptivität und Benutzermodellierung in Interaktiven Softwaresystemen