One evening, two of the pilots briefed for a night vision goggle, close air support mission working with an airborne forward air controller as part of an Air Force exercise over mountainous terrain.
What does AFAC stand for?
AFAC stands for Airborne Forward Air Controller
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of AFAC
We have 39 other meanings of AFAC in our Acronym Attic
- Army Families Advice Bureau (UK and Canada)
- Asosiyasyon Fanm Ayisyen Nan Boston (Association of Haitian Women in Boston)
- Assigned Female at Birth (gender identity)
- Adoptive Families Association of British Columbia (Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada)
- Adipocyte Fatty Acid Binding Protein
- Air Force Arctic Broadcasting Squadron
- Air Force Acquisition Circular
- Air Force Advisory Committee
- Air Force Armament Center
- Air Force Association of Canada
- Alberta Farm Animal Care (est. 1993; Canada)
- American Fidelity Assurance Company (Oklahoma City, OK)
- Arab Fund for Arts and Culture (est. 2007)
- Arlington Food Assistance Center (VA)
- Armed Forces Aid Campaign (Winchester, CA)
- Association of Field Archery Clubs (UK)
- Association of French and American Classes
- Australasian Fire Authorities Council
- Appalachian Foothills Artifact Collectors Association (Richmond, KY)
- Associate Fellow, National Academy of Clinical Biochemistry
Samples in periodicals archive:
In its killer-scout role, the aircraft can operate as an airborne forward air controller locating targets for waiting strike aircraft.
Both the Hueys and the Cobras can he designated as airborne forward air controllers (FAG-A).