As the Defence Research &Development Organisation rolls out India's first airborne early warning system, critics say it must first focus on building amissile arsenal THERE are no neutrals when you talk about the Defence Research and Development Organisation ( DRDO) -- you are either a passionate supporter or a vehement critic.
What does AEWS stand for?
AEWS stands for Airborne Early Warning System
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of AEWS
We have 14 other meanings of AEWS in our Acronym Attic
- Association of European Wedding Professionals
- Association des Eleveurs de Wapiti du Quebec (French)
- Adult Education for Work-Related Reasons (survey; National Center for Education Statistics)
- Adverse Effect Wage Rate (US DOL; agriculture)
- Airborne Early Warning Radar
- Atmospheric, Environmental and Water Resources (degree program)
- Army Energy and Water Reporting System
- Accident Emergency Warning System (Danube River Basin transboundary water pollution alert; est. 1997)
- Advanced Early Warning System
- Advanced Electronic Warfare System
- Alaska Eskimo Whaling System
- Atmospheric Early Warning System
- Arvin Edison Water Storage District
- Adaptation and Evolution in Web Systems Engineering (convention)
- Aircraft Electronic Warfare Self-Protection System (US DoD)
- Advanced Environmental Water Technologies
- Aircrew Electronic Warfare Tactics Facility
- Aircrew Electronic Warfare Training Range
- Airborne Early Warning Training Unit
- Association for the Education and Welfare of the Visually Handicapped (UK)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Pakistan also defaulted on payments for advanced airborne early warning systems from Sweden.
In July, Israel cancelled the sale of the PHALCON airborne early warning system to China after the US Congress threatened to deduct the value of the sale from US aid to Israel.
As compared to Pakistan's airborne early warning system, the Indian Phalcon system provides tactical surveillance of airborne and surface targets and helps gather signal intelligence.