They work at any of the 21 air route traffic control centers located throughout the country.
What does ARTC stand for?
ARTC stands for Air Route Traffic Control
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of ARTC
We have 23 other meanings of ARTC in our Acronym Attic
- Advanced Radar Test-Bed
- Alberta Research Tumor Bank (Edmonton, Alberta, Canada)
- Ancient Roots Translinear Bible
- American Road and Transportation Builders Association
- Army Tactical Battle Simulation System
- Army Training Battle Simulation System
- Australian Rail Tram and Bus Industry Union
- Adaptive Rapid Turnaround Communication
- Ahmanson Recruit Training Center (Los Angeles, CA)
- Air Reserve Test Center
- Aircraft Research and Testing Committee
- Alternative Routes to Teacher Certification (Delaware)
- Andean Root and Tuber Crops
- Arizona Right to Choose
- Art Theory and Criticism (various schools)
- Arthrocare Corp (stock symbol)
- Association de la Recherche Theatrale au Canada
- Association des Routes et Transports du Canada (French: Roads and Transportation Association of Canada; Canada)
- Association Rwandaise des Conseillers en Traumatisme (French)
- Association Rwandaise des Travailleurs Chrétiens (French)
Samples in periodicals archive:
lt;strong>April 17 - Controller Caught Watching Movie</strong> An air traffic controller at the Cleveland Air Route Traffic Control Center watches a movie on a portable electronic device while working a radar position.
Tuesday, the FAA's high-altitude radio communications failed at the Los Angeles Air Route Traffic Control Center and cut off radio contact between pilots and air traffic controllers for about three and half hours, forcing hundreds of flights to be grounded nationwide.
Older computer storage devices that are critical to radar and flight management functions were replaced by Lockheed Martin in a rapid deployment of faster, more reliable technology at air route traffic control centers (ARTCC) across the country.
Another milestone in the ongoing modernisation of the Federal Aviation Administration's National Airspace System has been passed with the upgrading of Denver's Air Route Traffic Control Centre, under which Lockheed Martin has replaced 14-year-old storage devices as part of its ongoing Host and Oceanic Computer System Replacement (HOCSR) programme.
Known as Radio Communications Link (RCL), the network interconnects Air Route Traffic Control Centers (Centers) located in major cities throughout the U.