APHA applauded the Environmental Protection Agency June 15 for proposing new national air quality standards for soot, saying the proposal would reduce pollution and save thousands of lives.
What does AQS stand for?
AQS stands for Air Quality Standard
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of AQS
We have 40 other meanings of AQS in our Acronym Attic
- Assured Quality Replacement Parts
- Air Quality Research Subcommittee
- Advanced Quantum Relativity Theory Propulsion (physics)
- Adversely Impact Air Quality-Related Values
- Air Quality Related Values
- A Quick Sale Limited (UK)
- Acceptable Quality Standards
- Advanced Quality System
- Advice Quality Standard (UK)
- AetherQuest Solutions
- Air Quality Subsystem
- Air Quality System
- Airworthiness Qualification Specification
- Altitude Qualifying Segments (Air Canada)
- American Quilter's Society
- Analytical Quality System
- Anderton Quantity Surveyors Ltd.
- Aqua Quality Surveys (UK)
- Arbeitsgemeinschaft zur Förderung der Qualitätssicherung in der Medizin (Koeln, Germany)
- Automatic Quote System
Samples in periodicals archive:
Updated federal air quality standards implemented in 2008 have also helped reduce ozone alert days in California and elsewhere.
EPA noted that the comment period for proposed revisions to the National Ambient Air Quality Standards (NAAQS) for PM will still close on April 17.
The Supreme Court finally cleared the way to proceed with the new air quality standards in February 2001, and within a few months, EPA analysts had readied an aggressive "straw proposal"--the plan they would initially bring to the bargaining table where Clear Skies would be hammered out--for reducing power plant pollution.
The EPA was granted authority to develop and enforce national ambient air quality standards (NAAQS) for outside air with the Clean Air Act of