[[nid:1085992]] According to the China Daily, the air pollution index that measures PM2.
What does API stand for?
API stands for Air Pollution Index
This definition appears frequently
See other definitions of API
We have 629 other meanings of API in our Acronym Attic
- Advanced Photonix, Inc. (various locations)
- Advanced Polygraph Institute (Australia)
- Advanced Product Information (various businesses)
- Advertisers Product Index
- Aerial Photographic Interpretation (American Society of Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing)
- After Project Initiation
- Age Participation Index (UK)
- Agfa and Picker International
- Agricultural Price Index
- Air Photo Interpretation
- Air Position Indicator
- Aircraft Platform Interface
- Aircrew Position Indicator (USAF)
- Aisne Plastique Industrie (French: Aisne Plastic Industry; Aisne, France)
- Ajax Paving Industries (various locations)
- Alabama Polytechnic Institute
- Alagus Printer Installer (software)
- Alaska Psychiatric Institute
- Alert Process Improvement (Sprint)
- Alice Paul Institute (Mount Laurel, NJ, USA)
Samples in periodicals archive:
5 million vehicles on the road every day, contributing a hefty percentage of carbon emissions to the air pollution index (in 2010, at the launch of the initiative, carbon emission was pegged at 47 per cent).
At the time, the only available data on air pollution was the Chinese government's air pollution index, which did not include ozone or the fine particulate standard PM 2.
Using an air pollution index (API) in which a score of 100 or lower indicates air quality as 'good', all 17 days of Olympic events in Beijing made the grade.
The average air pollution index was Grade I, or "good" yesterday, China's official Xinhua news agency said.
Currently the air pollution index in one-third of all monitored cities in China is above 100 (the worst it can be and still be considered "good"), while 30 percent of the country suffers from acid rain.