As 9 AETF-A, we conducted Air Force forces duties at the combined/joint operating area level while serving as the connective tissue between the AFCENT staff and the groups and wings of combined/joint operating area-Afghanistan.
What does AFFOR stand for?
AFFOR stands for Air Force Forces
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of AFFOR
We have 1 other meaning of AFFOR in our Acronym Attic
- Air Force Frequency Management Center
- Acrofrontofacionasal Dysostosis Syndrome
- Armed Forces Financial Network
- Association of Former Federal Narcotics Agents
- Agriculture, Fisheries, Forestry and Natural Resources (national symposium; Philippines)
- African Film Festival of New York
- Adjusted Funds From Operation
- Adrien Fly Fishing Outfitters (Cincinnati, OH)
- Available Funds from Operations
- Air Force Forces Command
- Africa Foundation for Development (UK)
- Aboriginal Family Futures Program
- Advocates for Family Peace
- Agência Fotográfica Filipe Pombo
- Air Force Financial Pre-Merge
- Air Force Fitness Program (US Air Force)
- American Federation of Film Producers
- Association of Future Female Physicians (Salt Lake City, UT)
- autologous fresh-frozen plasma
Samples in periodicals archive:
This education must create a comprehensive vision to deliberately grow Air Force logisticians with the necessary functional expertise to provide critical, time-sensitive advice to combatant commanders (COCOM) and commanders Air Force forces (COMAFFOR) as well as prepare combat forces (organize, train, and equip) to carry out the commander's intent.
During his career he served as the commander of the Air Force Forces for the United States Central Command in the Middle East Area of operations.
The Commander Air Force Forces logistics staff (COMAFFOR/A4) raised issues over aircraft arriving for combat with high-time engines, engines overdue time changes and grounding inspections, and aircraft requiring phase inspections immediately upon arriving in the area of responsibility.
The application will be processed through the chain of command and eventually approved or disapproved by the commander of Air Force forces.
I wish the authors had also discussed the importance of Air Force forces support to both plan development and the sustainment of mission operations, as well as the importance of reachback to headquarters units to support the mission.
The holding area responsibilities are split between Air Force forces and USMC or USA forces.
21) However, because the DIRMOBFOR represents the commander of Air Force forces rather than the joint force air component commander, the director must work with the AOC's commander and its air mobility division for intratheater airlift operations.