The Air Force Flight Test Center announced it will soon -- possibly as soon as today -- expand its use of aircraft flares to a test and training range running northeast from Edwards across the desert between California City and Barstow.
What does AFFTC stand for?
AFFTC stands for Air Force Flight Test Center
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
We have 3 other meanings of AFFTC in our Acronym Attic
- Adjusted Free-Float Share Index
- Airborne Formation Flight Simulator
- Adoptive and Foster Family Training (Child Welfare Training Institute; Maine)
- Adult Faith Formation Team
- Africa Food for Thought (South Africa)
- Americans for Fair Taxation
- American Fly Fishing Trade Association
- Australian Federation of Film and Television Associations
- American Foundation for the Blind
- Accelerated Freefall Training & Certification Course
- Air Force Flight Test Center Instruction (US Air Force)
- Advocates for Fibromyalgia Funding, Treatment, Education and Research
- Air Force Foreign Technology Intelligence Center (USAF)
- Alternative Fuels Field Test Unit (portable laboratory; Air Products and Chemicals, Inc.)
- Adoption and Family Finding Unit (Norfolk County Council; UK)
- Atlanta Flash/Flex User Group
- Airport Fire Fighting Vehicle
- Air Force Fleet Viability Board
- Air Force Fuels, Vehicles and Equipment Support Agency (Air Force Agency)
Samples in periodicals archive:
is being awarded a $10,000,000 indefinite delivery/indefinite quantity contract to provide for Future Edwards Digital Switch consisting of the design, engineering, manufacture, testing, installation, integration and sustainment of a modified commercial digital voice and data switching system in support of the Air Force Flight Test Center and other Department of Defense Ranges.
For more than 50 years Edwards Air Force Base -- home of the Air Force Flight Test Center -- has been the home of more major milestones in flight than any other place on earth.
It was accepted on behalf of the team by Paul Reukauf, former deputy project manager of the X-43A flight testing and currently hypersonics associate project manager at NASA Dryden Flight Research Center, and Charles Nichols, also of NASA Dryden; David Warner of the Air Force Flight Test Center at Edwards Air Force Base; and Lowell Keel, Dale McKill and Edward Poole from ATK GASL, Inc.
is being awarded a $7,855,939 cost-plus-fixed- fee contract to provide for advanced research and engineering advisory and assistance services in support of the Air Force Flight Test Center, Edwards Air Force Base, Calif.
s (AMEX:GTE) wholly owned subsidiary, Sanswire Networks LLC, has been granted a Statement of Capability (SOC) by the Air Force Flight Test Center (AFFTC) of the United States Air Force, permitting Sanswire to flight test its Sanswire 2 high altitude airship technology demonstrator.
2 -- 3 -- color -- ran in AV edition only) Above, unveiling the Chuck Yeager statue are, from left, Bruce Fite, who donated the statue, Air Force Flight Test Center commander Maj.
The test was conducted at the Air Force Flight Test Center (AFFTC) by the C-17A Combined Flight Test Team, with assistance from DARPA and an AirLaunch LLC team led by drop test director Marti Sarigul-Klijn.