1) This occasion followed the establishment of a provisional Air Force Cyber Command (AFCYBER) (a major command) in November 2006, which itself followed the Air Force's incorporation of cyberspace into its mission statement less than a year prior.
What does AFCYBER stand for?
AFCYBER stands for Air Force Cyber Command (US DoD)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Military and Government
- Air Force Common Viewer
- Air Force Central Visual Information Library
- Association Française des Collectionneurs de Véhicules Militaires (French: French Collectors of Military Vehicles Association)
- Arlington-Falls Church Volunteer Rescue Squad (Virginia)
- Air Force Cadet Wing (US Air Force Academy)
- Association Football Club Wimbledon
- American Football Coaches Wives Association
- Air Force Combat Weather Center
- Air Force Cadet Wing Instruction
- African Food and Canning Workers' Union
- Agricultural Finance Corporation of Zimbabwe (Harare, Zimbabwe; now Agricultural Bank of Zimbabwe)
- A Few Days
- Abbreviated Functional Description
- Accelerated Freeze-Drying (food processing)
- Accident Free Discount (insurance)
- Acid Fractionator Distillate
- Acoustic Flat Diaphragm (electronics)
- Acrofacial Dysostosis
- Acrofacial Dysostosis, Catania Type
- Action for Development (Ethiopia)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Lord, Air Force Cyber Command (Provisional) commander, who explains, "We've created a roadmap that outlines our efforts to establish cyberspace operators, specialists, analysts, and developers who grow from a basic understanding of cyberspace doctrine to experts in their respective fields.
Strategic Command (USSTRATCOM) as a vital component to provide global capabilities, Air Force Cyber Command will support USSTRATCOM through its ASpOC and distributed cyber enterprise.
The decision for the final location of the Air Force Cyber Command was expected to be finalized before the official Oct.
: Slated to transition into Air Force Cyber Command, the center teams win major commands, joint and coalition partners, national agencies, industry and academia to develop, integrate and standardize air, space and cyberspace components.
Under the guidance of Headquarters Air Force/A3 and Air Force Cyber Command (Provisional), our service has spent more than two years developing a strategy to organize and train the new cyber warfare forces.