And though this experiment proved more difficult than first imagined because of systematic errors arising from estimating the gravitational contributions from the less than homogeneous surface layers, it inspired a group at the Air Force Cambridge Research Center (following the 5th Force suggestion) to measure gravity up rather than down.
What does AFCRC stand for?
AFCRC stands for Air Force Cambridge Research Center (Bedford, Massachusetts)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of AFCRC
We have 1 other meaning of AFCRC in our Acronym Attic
- Air Freight Council of Queensland (Australia)
- Air Force Center for Quality and Management Innovation
- Aegis Field Change Request
- Airborne Fire-Control Radar
- American Federation for Clinical Research (name changed to AFMR: American Federation for Medical Research)
- American Foster Care Resources, Inc. (King George, VA)
- American Fund for Czechoslovak Relief (New York, NY)
- Asian Fund for Cancer Research (Hong Kong)
- ASEAN Forum of Credit Rating Agencies
- Atlanta-Fulton County Recreation Authority
- Armed Forces Community Relations Council
- Air Force Contract Requirement Document (USAF)
- Abramson Family Cancer Research Institute (University of Pennsylvania)
- Air Force Cambridge Research Laboratories (US Air Force)
- Air Force Combat Readiness Medal (US DoD)
- Armor Full Crew Research Simulator
- Association de Formation, Communication et Recherche en Soins Infirmiers en Corse
- Aflatoxin Collaborative Research Support Program
- Active Federal Commissioned Service
- Adaptive Fire Control System
Samples in periodicals archive:
Entities such as the Ad Hoc Panel on Air Defense, MIT Radiation Laboratory, Air Defense System Engineering Committee, Lincoln Laboratory, Air Force Cambridge Research Center, University of Michigan, and the SAGE Test Committee fit into their proper places in the puzzle.