encouraged by the Air Force Association, filed a petition with the Air Force Board for the Correction of Military Records to "render null and void the proceedings, findings, and sentence" of his father's court-martial.
What does AFB stand for?
AFB stands for Air Force Board (Air Force acquisitions functional group)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of AFB
We have 133 other meanings of AFB in our Acronym Attic
- Accelerated Forward Backward (radar image analysis)
- Acid Fast Bacillus
- Acid-Fast Bacteria
- Adaptation Fund Board (UN)
- Adhesive-Free Bond (trademark of Onyx Optics, Inc.)
- Administrative Faldskærms Bestemmelser
- Advertisement for Bid
- Afri-Can FoodBasket (Canada)
- Age at First Birth
- Air Force Base
- Airframe Bulletin
- Aktion für Berlin (German Political Party)
- Alcohol Free Beverage
- Alcoholic Fruit Beverage
- Alternative Fall Break (various schools)
- Aluminum Four Barrel (auto carburetor)
- American Farm Bureau, Inc.
- American Federal Bank (Fargo, ND)
- American Foulbrood (a honeybee disease)
- American Foundation for the Blind
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Air Force will use its existing corporate structure--the Air Force Board and Air Force Council--to regularly review the status toward achieving its identified efficiencies.
The Agency is organized into seven directorates; the Office of the Director, Air Force Review Boards Agency; the Air Force Civilian Appellate Review Office; the Secretary of the Air Force Personnel Council; the Air Force Board for Correction of Military Records; the Personnel Security Appeal Board; the DoD Physical Disability Board of Review; and the Review Boards Support Office located at the Air Force Personnel Center at Randolph AFB, Texas.
Dunbar Award: Joseph Ostrowidzki, retired, New York Department of Correctional Services Military Corrections Committee Austin MacCormick Award: Thomas Markiewicz, senior member, Air Force Clemency and Parole Board; vice-chairman, Air Force Board for Correction of Military Records; and Department of Defense Corrections Council representative North American Association of Wardens and Superintendents Warden of the Year: Millicent D.
An investigation into the accident has been launched, carried out by the Royal Air Force Board of Inquiry and North Yorkshire Police.
A Royal Air Force Board of Inquiry was convened yesterday at RAF Leeming, North Yorkshire, to look into the Puma helicopter crash in which the 27-year-old and two others died.
5) The RAF took this COS direction forward, and in 1995 the RAF's Air Force Board Standing Committee endorsed a paper entitled "Command and Control of STC [Strike Command] Assets" that reviewed the UK structure for air C2 and recommended the permanent establishment in peacetime of a UK combined air operations centre (CAOC).