The promoted officers were identified on state television by Morsi; air force commander Younis El-Masry, air defense commander Abdul Manan Bayoumy and navy commander Osama El-Gendi.
What does AIRDEFCOM stand for?
AIRDEFCOM stands for Air Defense Commander
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Association of International Road Carriers of Uzbekistan
- Agence Inter-Établissements de Recherche pour le Développement (French: Inter-Agency Residential Development Research)
- Appraisal Institute Residential Database
- Asian Institute for Rural Development (India)
- Assembly Implementation Requirements Document
- Associates for International Resources and Development (est. 1980)
- Association of Ingersoll Rand Distributors
- ATCCIS Information Resource Dictionary (US Army)
- All India Resort Development Association
- Airborne Infrared Disaster Assessment System
- Air Delivery Operations
- Air Detachment (USAF)
- Association Internationale pour la Recherche en Didactique du Français (French: International Association for Research in Teaching of French)
- Aircraft Discrepancies Product (WCCS)
- Atmospheric Dispersion of Radionuclides
- Annual Iberoamerican Research and Development Summit (Albuquerque, NM)
- Academic-Intellectual Resource Exchange
- Acute Infarction Ramipril Efficacy study
- Advanced Information Retrieval Engine (Illinois Institute of Technology)
- Advanced Intermediate Representation with Extensibility
Samples in periodicals archive:
Summary: TEHRAN (FNA)- The US drone shooed away by Iranian fighter jets earlier this month was on an intelligence gathering mission near Iran's Kharg Island, the IRGC's Air Defense Commander said, and warned that the Iranian jets only fired warning shots in the incident, but will "give a harsher response" to hostile aircraft next time.
Abdel-Aziz Seif, the outgoing air defense commander, was named head of a major industrial military complex owned by several Arab nations and established in the 1970s.
From 1987 to 1990 he was Land Forces Air Defense Chief of Staff, and from 1990 to 1992 he served as Land Forces Air Defense Commander in Chief.
The Iranian air force has managed to build tens of anti-aircraft batteries and missile systems in addition to sophisticated radar systems," said General Ahmad Miqani, an air defense commander, quoted by Iran's English-language satellite news network.
Later, National Air Defense Commander Rear Marshall Wresnowiro told a press conference that based on a flight approval they had received, the Indonesian authorities first thought the jets were five F-5s of the Australian air force.