5) The J3 is responsible to "plan, synchronize, and deconflict joint fires and joint air support within the JSOTF, [forming] a Joint Fires Element (JFE) and a Joint Air Coordination Element (JACE)" (6) as necessary.
What does ACE stand for?
ACE stands for Air Coordination Element
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of ACE
We have 1418 other meanings of ACE in our Acronym Attic
- Agriculture in Concert with the Environment (EPA)
- Aide au Conseil aux Entreprises
- Air and Space Collaborative Environment (suite of M&S Applications that includes AFMSTT, ACE-IOS and AFSERS)
- Air and space Constructive Environment (US Air Force)
- Air Cargo Estonia (shipping)
- Air Combat Electronics
- Air Combat Element (NATO)
- Air Combat Engagement
- Air Combat Excellence
- Air Compressor Equipment (Wilson, NC)
- Airborne Command Element
- Airborne Communications and Electronics
- Aircraft Cabin Environment
- Aircraft Carrier Elevator
- Aircraft Carrier Engineering
- Aircraft Common Equipment
- Airman’s Collaborative Environment (US DoD)
- Airmen Committed to Excellence (US Air Force)
- Airport Capacity Enhancement
- Airport Certified Employee (designation; American Association of Airport Executives)
Samples in periodicals archive:
While, as discussed, the need for liaison and co-ordination is well institutionalized in UK air C2 doctrine and practice, the USAF's air coordination element (ACE) concept was only to manifest itself in the immediate run up to Iraqi Freedom's execution.
The use of joint fires and air coordination elements assured these successes and should provide a model for the future.