This means increased agricultural market access and firm commitments to base sanitary and phytosanitary measures on sound science.
What does AMA stand for?
AMA stands for Agricultural Market Access
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of AMA
We have 503 other meanings of AMA in our Acronym Attic
- Aerosol Monitoring & Analysis (est. 1981; various locations)
- Afghan Medical Aid
- Africa Medical Association
- African Muslim Agency
- Against Medical Advice
- Aged Ministers Assistance
- Agence Mondiale Antidopage (French: World Anti-Doping Agency; Montreal, Canada)
- Aggregated Multicast Address (multicast provisioning)
- Agreement on Movement & Access (Israel and Palestine)
- Agricultural Management Assistance (Program)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The WTO Cell of the Ministry of Industries, Islamabad, in collaboration with the WTO Cell and Sialkot Chamber of Commerce and Industry (SCCI) held a seminar titled General Awareness about WTO & and Surgical & Sports Industry of Pakistan with respect to Non Agricultural Market Access (NAMA).
Since agricultural market access is the most contentious issue for Japan, Hiranuma was quoted as saying in response that Japan will continue to defend its position.
Notably, the US government--which has resisted subsidy abolition--said it would not liberalise without compensatory offers on agricultural market access, domestic support and export assistance.
Following a brief discussion of the historical context and current conditions influencing the negotiation of an agreement, they discuss the possible form of the agreement in the areas of agricultural market access, textiles and clothing, other manufactures, environmental and labor issues, government procurement, and investment and services.