Agency for International Development, favored large projects that sounded impressive and were bureaucratically more convenient--it's easier to write one big check than thousands of small ones.
What does AFID stand for?
AFID stands for Agency for International Development
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of AFID
We have 6 other meanings of AFID in our Acronym Attic
- American Free Internet Chess Server (also FICS)
- Association Française des Industries de la Céramique Sanitaire (France)
- Association of Filipino Chinese Students (Metro Manila, Philippines)
- Association of Former International Civil Servants (New York)
- Association of Former International Civil Servants (New York Chapter)
- Association Française des Infirmières de chirurgie Cardiovasculaire et Thoracique
- Association Francaise des Ingenieurs Chimistes et Techniciens des Industries du Cuir
- A Friend In Deed (electronic alarm and emergency response system)
- Advanced Frontiers in Drug Design, Discovery, Development and Delivery
- Affiliate ID
- Agentur Für Immobilien Dienste (German)
- Alicia Friedmann Interior Design
- Alkali Flame Ionization Detector
- Alles fuer Ihren Drucker (German: Everything for Your Printer)
- American Institute of Floral Designers
- Amt für Informations- und Datenverarbeitung
- Anarkistføderationen I Danmark (Dansh: Anarchist Federation of Denmark)
- Anatolian Federated Islamic State
- Anti-Felon Identification
- Anti-Fratricide Devices
Samples in periodicals archive:
Agency for International Development, and Minnesota women who have worked in Iraq and Afghanistan as journalists, photographers, advisers on human rights issues and administrators of charitable and refugee organizations.
6 million for safe and secure facilities for the United States Agency for International Development in Iraq and Afghanistan; * At least $38 million for operating expenses of the United States Agency for International Development for costs associated with Iraq and Afghanistan; * $18.
Agency for International Development (USAID) goes further, seeing promoting effective democratic governance as central to fostering economic development.
Agency for International Development (USAID) to use public funds to produce religious texts for schools in Afghanistan has sparked criticism from Americans United for Separation of Church and State.